LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icon Library xml went astray

So did anyone else realize there is an NI Icon Library Update Tool?  What is wrong with the one built into the icon editor?  Other than it doesn't work.  I'm a little annoyed that you need another tool because the first tool doesn't work.  Funny thing is after installing it I was prompted with our familiar dialog telling me it couldn't contact NI's site and to install the library manually...so now I have two ways to not update my icon library.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(474 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

So did anyone else realize there is an NI Icon Library Update Tool?  What is wrong with the one built into the icon editor?  Other than it doesn't work.  I'm a little annoyed that you need another tool because the first tool doesn't work.  Funny thing is after installing it I was prompted with our familiar dialog telling me it couldn't contact NI's site and to install the library manually...so now I have two ways to not update my icon library.

It probably uses the same code as the tool in the icon editor.  And somebody probably moved the exact location of the xml and zip files on the server and didn't update it in the code.  Therefore, fail to connect.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 12 of 13
(468 Views)

Apparently this problem has been occuring since LV9 and still isn't fixed yet?

It seems like it should be a quick fix, but remains broken?

Here's the other thread I found to work:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Glyph-Library/m-p/1003863/highlight/false#M448340

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(403 Views)