LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ WindDraw isn't working with multiple displays

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to develop an application using IMAQ drivers that displays the image fullscreen onto either the primary or a secondary monitor display.  It works fine when operating in fullscreen mode on the primary window, but when I put the window on the secondary window it doesn't update.  As an additional test, when I put half the window on 1 screen and half on the other, the part that is on the primary display updates while the part that is on the secondary display does not.

How do I get this to work with on the secondary monitor?

(I've included an example VI to demonstrate the problem.)

Thanks,

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(3,950 Views)

I worked on mine. LabVIEW 2009.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(3,946 Views)

I am using IMAQ 4.5 with LabVIEW 8.5.1.  What version are you using of IMAQ (found in MAX in the Software portion of the tree)?

Thanks,

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(3,941 Views)

I have NI-IMAQ 4.3 and LabVIEW 2009.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(3,933 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BruceMoyer

I don't know how it happened, but when I completely closed LabVIEW and restarted, and just ran the VI it works now!

It was an odd behavior, if I see it again I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(3,925 Views)

It turns out that the issues I was having was caused when I turn Anti tearing on.  The computer I was using for development was causing problems when tearing was turned on even though it wasn't reporting an error.  Disabling this caused the issues to go away.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(3,917 Views)

Could you try this VI? I now realize that the issue was with when I turn anti-tearing ON. It works fine with anti-tearing OFF. :angry: (I was using Anti-tearing to prevent streaking that occurs when the image refreshes when the screen is in the middle of a redraw).

Thanks,

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(3,903 Views)

Did you ever solve this problem? I'm running into the same issue now, and can replicate that the second screen does not update when non-tearing is enabled.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(3,762 Views)

Hi uknoblich,

Are you able to consistently replicate the problem?  Do you observe the behavior every time or is it intermittent?

Also, what version of LabVIEW are you using?  What driver versions do you have installed?

Have a great day!

Michael B.
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(3,741 Views)

Hi Michael,

this issue always occurs, every time I try it. For example, using the VI BruceMoyer posted in on 5/4/2011, my effect is the same as for him, i.e. if I move the window on the primary screen, it works just fine, if I move it on the secondary screen it does not update, and if I move it so it's half in each, the part on the primary screen updates and the other part doesn't.

I've tried it with LabView 2010 SP1 and 2011. Which drivers are you referring to exactly?

Can you replicate this problem, or is the display working for you on non-primary screens?

Thanks,

Ulf

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(3,737 Views)