LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop subvi

Hi all,

I am a beginner so I am having a hard time in implementation. I understand that the while loop in sub-vi should stop, for the front panel to show when I run the main vi but how should I implement that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(635 Views)

Hi ms6,

@ms6 wrote:

I understand that the while loop in sub-vi should stop, for the front panel to show when I run the main vi but how should I implement that?

There should be no loop in the subVI at all!

Right now it just burns CPU power for nothing - it is just Rube-Goldberg!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(633 Views)

Then how else should I solve it? I am converting an array of string integers to integers using a loop in subvi...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(615 Views)

Hi ms6,

@ms6 wrote:

Then how else should I solve it? I am converting an array of string integers to integers using a loop in subvi...

Why do you need a loop?

All you need is DecimalStringToNumber as it also takes an array of strings as input:

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(603 Views)

Ah Okay. Thanks a ton! I will try it out!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(599 Views)

Even after removing the loop, front panel is not showing after I run the main vi 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(595 Views)

Hi ms6,

when you want to show the frontpanel of the subVI while it runs then you need to enable that in the subVI properties! (There also is the option to show the frontpanel always after loading the subVI.)

Why don't you show the array in your mainVI and have the subVI only handle the file loading and parsing?

What is the (expected) advantage of "splitting" the UI into two windows?

Would it make (more) sense in your specific case to only show one UI window to the user?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(586 Views)

I want to create different select options on my main vi and have subvis for different purposes. The one that I am asking about will be the analysis sub vi, wherein ill be analyzing data and will create different graphs. Also, would I have to create sub-panels for the front panel of the subvi to show?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(580 Views)

Hi ms6,

@ms6 wrote:

Also, would I have to create sub-panels for the front panel of the subvi to show?

You can, but you don't need to.

Using subpanels to show subVI frontpanels is an option, opening the frontpanel of subVIs in separate windows is also an option. It depends on your design decision and user requirements…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(574 Views)

I would want to open the front panel of subvis in 1 window only. I am relatively new to Labview but am trying to develop an app wherein I will get the data and have different subvis for different purposes,like : Analysis, backup- screen, Live chart screen and so on... 

How do I get the properties of sub-vi, because I can't find any option that would say front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(568 Views)