LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain DAQmx Analog Output custom scale name?

I can programmatically obtain a DAQmx custom scale name defined for an Analog Input in MAX under LabView 8.2.   There is an option under the DAQmx Channel Property Node for Analog Inputs for Custom Scale Name.  This option doesn't exist for Analog Outputs, is there a way to programmatically get the custom scale name for an Analog Output?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,724 Views)
This setting should be available using the DAQmx Channel Property Node.  Click on the property node and select Analog Output >> Custom Scale Name.
Elijah Kerry
NI Director, Software Community
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,707 Views)
I've got 2 installations of the same version of LabView and I discovered yesterday that this is available on my 2nd installation.  For some reason it is not available on my 1st installation.  It is available under Analog Input, but not Analog Output.  Strange.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,704 Views)
I recommend consulting the detailed specifications for a more thurough explination of the specifications.  Open the PDF here
You'll see that it does not have negative values listed in the specifications. 
Elijah Kerry
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,689 Views)
My apologies!!!  This reply was meant for another thread and has nothing to do with this topic.

In regards to your post, it's understandable that unexpected behavior would occur with two copies of the same version of LabVIEW installed.  I recommend uninstalling both copies and starting over.   Make sure you install LabVIEW first before installing Toolsets or Drivers
Elijah Kerry
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,684 Views)