LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain ADC dynamic specifications

I have some files containing samples from a high speed ADC sampled at 100MHz or 200MHz

Now I want to obtain ADC dynamic specifications like SNR, SINAD, THD and ...

I was wondering which VIs should I use and how many samples is enough to build a waveform datatype to use in those VIs?

So far I've found these VIs :

FFT Power Spectrum and PSD.vi

SINAD Analyzer.vi

Extract Multiple Tone Information.vi

Harmonic Distortion Analyzer.vi

Using FFT Power Spectrum and PSD.vi where do I get to set the FFT Point number (usually named as M) so I can add FFT Processing Gain to Noise Floor

Am I going the right way or I need more things to do ?

I could really use some help since I dont know much about ADC dynamic specifications.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,198 Views)

You really need to start by studying ADC dynamic specifications and test procedures. This not an area where long established standards exist, but one in which publications frequently appear in refereed journals. 

Do you know the quality of the signals which were digitized in the files? Do you know the amplitudes and frequencies of the input signals along with the uncertaincies in those quantities?  Without that information you will not be able to separate imperfections in the input signals from the characteristics of the ADC.

Lynn

Message 2 of 3
(2,191 Views)

Thanks for your reply

It's not like I dont know anything about it. I have read some great documentations about these specifications.

Plus I do know all informations about my signals like their amplitude or frequency cause I was the one who saved them and I can save any waveform that I want.

I just said that it's the first time that I do these test procedures.

So would you help me through this ?

I somehow know what to do but I think it's the best if one of you guys gives me some info in LabVIEW part.

I think I should start with PSD function

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,165 Views)