LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an array of ring with a different items/values for each

Hi All,

i want an array of text ring with different items and values for each text ring. Do you have other solution if it does not work?

thanks by advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,897 Views)

Any typical ring has different items/values for each selection.  Uncheck "sequential values" when editing items if you want full flexibility.

Of cours array elements must all be the same ring, but each element can have a different value, of course.

Please describe exactly what you want to do and we will find a solution. Maybe you want a cluster of different rings.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,888 Views)

Hello Mnemo15,

The properties of elements in an array are shared across all controls or indicators in an array, so there is no way to specify unique selectable values for different text rings in an array.  It sounds like what you are looking for is a cluster of ring controls, where each control can be modified independently.  

Could you provide a more descriptive overview of the sort of behavior you are looking for?  Are these ring elements populated at run time?  Will the values be changed dynamically? Will the user interact with them directly?

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,884 Views)

@0utlaw wrote:

Hello Mnemo15,

The properties of elements in an array are shared across all controls or indicators in an array, so there is no way to specify unique selectable values for different text rings in an array.  It sounds like what you are looking for is a cluster of ring controls, where each control can be modified independently.  

Could you provide a more descriptive overview of the sort of behavior you are looking for?  Are these ring elements populated at run time?  Will the values be changed dynamically? Will the user interact with them directly?

Regards,

But the selection is not a property, it is a value... I just tried it and you can have different selections.  Just not different items.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,866 Views)