cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build a PID controller

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi there,
I am doing a uni project and i haven't got any budget to go and buy the labview control toolkit,
Due to this i am trying to build my own PI controller.

My first go is linked to this and for some unknown reason its very unstable and cant bring its self upto set point!
I have no idea what i have done wrong as i have followed what why research has shown me to do.

Can anyone lead shed any light on this for me please?

N.B. - if you look at the VI there is a shift register outside of this Sub vi keeping the intergral value open.

Thanks for your help

Pete
Message 1 of 7
(26,394 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JordanG
Have you checked out the samples?
Search for PID you should get the following :-

That's been in a couple of versions, I checked 7.1 - no toolkit required. But it has limited performance, see the instructions.

Message Edited by Conseils on 11-08-2007 10:19 PM

Message Edited by Conseils on 11-08-2007 10:20 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(26,367 Views)
Sorry for the newbie question, but where can I find the sample?  I searched the examples in LabVIEW 7, but couldn't find it.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(26,314 Views)
Never mind,  found it here
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(26,310 Views)

Hi Shoen,

Do you have the newer version which is suitable for LV 2010? I'm using LV 2010 and really desperate of making the pid since I'm a life science student...thanks a lot in advance.

Yugiha

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(20,759 Views)

Hi!

Shoen hasn't been online for about three years, so I doubt he'll answer, unless he's got some other forum account. Anyways, go to his link and download the zip file. Then post a request here. I'm sure someone will upconvert it for you. I would have, but I only got LV2010 myself. 

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(20,747 Views)

hii !!!

i also need help on the same topic that is why i am replying here!!

i want to build a PID controller on LV. i have been studying and going through different articles at ni.com about implementation of a PID controller.

i need to implement a controller on my project which is a hovering platform with 4 embeded rotors. these rotors are actually DC motors. there is an overhead camera (KINECT) which gives the x,y coordinates of the current position of the hovercraft. now if distrubances are applied then the controller must make the speed changes in rotors' speed to bring it back to its initial position. 
i need just an idea to start working on it , im confused on how to use coordinates information as input to the controller and make the rotors' move accordingly to bring it back to its initial position. 
help me !!

attached is the platform on which im working.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,450 Views)