LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fix a Call Library node with an unwired or bad terminal?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am currently working on a program that's designed to both send and recieve analog data to/from a BNC 2090. Somewhere along the line, LabVIEW came across a problem in the Call Library Node in the Create AO Channel.vi. Because of this, most of the important subVI's don't work anymore. I've attached the file I'm working on. How would I go about fixing this unusual problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,724 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mecheng86

The only reason that VI is broken to me is because it is missing the matrixbreaker.vi.

I assume you some how edited your DAQmx VIs and broke one.  These VIs should be edited and are part of the DAQmx driver.  If you did so on accident perform a repair install of DAQmx.

Message 2 of 8
(2,705 Views)

My mistake. matrixbreaker.vi is a VI of my own design. I now have it attached below.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,696 Views)

@mecheng86 wrote:

I am currently working on a program that's designed to both send and recieve analog data to/from a BNC 2090. Somewhere along the line, LabVIEW came across a problem in the Call Library Node in the Create AO Channel.vi. Because of this, most of the important subVI's don't work anymore. I've attached the file I'm working on. How would I go about fixing this unusual problem?

Maybe Just maybe the problem is that dynamic data type castSmiley Wink

the DAQ assistant is set for continuous samples and "Use Waveform timing" is checked.  you have a scalar DBL wired to the assistant for data.  Just where do you think Samples per channel and dt are going to be coming from?  Kind of hard to get them from the Size(Y) and dt components of a scalar.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 8
(2,690 Views)

I hadn't considered that. Applying that adjustment to my program might help me fix a couple of other problems I've been having. However, the heart of the problem (for me, anyway) resides in the library its trying to call. The true problem affects more than just the DAQ assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,673 Views)

If your problem is with the DAQmx vi's, then try to reinstall/repair your DAQmx installation.

I do not see any problem regarding CLFN for your vi's.

But I agree, try to stay away from the Dynamic Data wires.

Message 6 of 8
(2,665 Views)

@mecheng86 wrote:

I hadn't considered that. Applying that adjustment to my program might help me fix a couple of other problems I've been having. However, the heart of the problem (for me, anyway) resides in the library its trying to call. The true problem affects more than just the DAQ assistant.

Would those be things you noticed and went digging deep into DAQmx functions to try to solve?  Breaking CLFNs you shouldn't have?  Make via.lib read only after you repair the driver.Robot Sad

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,651 Views)

Sounds about right. I'll make the appropriate adjustments when I reinstall the drivers. Thanks for all of your help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,638 Views)