LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi. Is the Nexys3 board (with spartan6 FPGA) compatible with the FPGA module???

Hi. Is the Nexys3 board (with spartan6 FPGA) compatible with the FPGA module???  Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,028 Views)

Hi SERGIOARS.

At this moment, there is no official support form National Instruments to the Nexys3 Board. However, there are plans and right now there is people working to include the device to the supported ones on the new versions of FPGA module. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Francisco S.
National Instruments
Account Manager
www.ni.com/soporte
Message 2 of 12
(4,990 Views)

Hi. Thank You for your answer.

I have other question. If I Have the Sapartan 3. This FPGA (Espartan3) is compatible with the FPGA module???  How can I use these devices?

Thank You again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,976 Views)

Hi SERGIOARS.

If you are talking about then Spartan-3E Starter Board, then this information will be useful for you:

Using the Xilinx Spartan 3E XUP Hardware with LabVIEW FPGA

Using LabVIEW FPGA with the Xilinx SPARTAN-3E XUP Video Tutorial

LabVIEW FPGA Module Training for Xilinx Spartan 3E XUP Hardware

Regards!

Francisco S.
National Instruments
Account Manager
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,973 Views)

Is there any way to find out when the new FPGA module that supports the Nexys 3 board will be out?  Are there any anounced dates available?

Is there any unofficial support for the device?  IE, LabVIEW modules that are capable of compiling programs that can be uploaded to the board.  The Xilinx ISE IDE is pretty heavy duty people who are new to FPGA boards and programming in general.  It would be fantastic to be able to use the LabVIEW enviroment to program the board.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,854 Views)

Hi Francisco.

Im wondering if the Spartan6 FPGA was finally included in the most recent version of the Labview FPGA Module.

Last year you wrote there were some National people working on that.

There are other Xilinx FPGA boards included actually or only the Spartan 3E is still the only one supported ?

Thanks in advanced  for your answer.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,577 Views)

Hi rjperez71.

Let me just clarify the situation. The chip Spartan6 is actually supported since some of our CompactRIO boards actually have that chip family, as you can see on this page "What Xilinx FPGA Chips Are Used by National Instruments RIO Devices?".

However, this does not mean that you can programm any device with an integrated Spartan6 chip. National Instruments have developed the LabVIEW FPGA module to only program its propietary boards (cRIO, sbRIO, FlexRIO, etc.). There are some exceptions like the Spartan-3E Starter Board that can also be supported by the LabVIEW FPGA module but its just a couple of them. Even though your board has exaclty the same FPGA chip, let's say Spartan6, you cannot program it with LabVIEW FPGA unless stated on the supported devices, which probably will only be NI propietary.

To answer the original question, there is still no support for the Nexys3 board under LabVIEW FPGA. But if you are looking for something similar, I recomend you take a look on this new product "NI myRIO"

Francisco S.
National Instruments
Account Manager
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,561 Views)

Thanks for your explanation Francisco.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,543 Views)

What boards from Xilinx Spartan series are currently supported by LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,889 Views)

What FPGA Boards from Xininx Spartan series are currently supported by LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,917 Views)