cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hex string to 32 bit float

Solved!
Go to solution

Ravens Fan,

I think you misunderstood my post.  Raghunathan had posted results from both a third party modbus program and his LV Modbus query.  I took his 3rd party results and typecast them to U32 hex display and compared them to the responses from the LV modbus queries.  I did not include the LV results in my last post.  Here is what it should have looked like.

Message Edited by Wayne.C on 09-24-2009 08:33 AM
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(982 Views)

Wayne.C wrote:

Ravens Fan,

I think you misunderstood my post.  Raghunathan had posted results from both a third party modbus program and his LV Modbus query.  I took his 3rd party results and typecast them to U32 hex display and compared them to the responses from the LV modbus queries.  I did not include the LV results in my last post.  Here is what it should have looked like.

Look more closely at the original data in post #15 and look at your row #2.  Your row #2 last column is 6EC8 17F0.  That 17F0 is the checksum. 

Raghunathan said starting with row #2 " (Giving only values that are different from first row)"  The 4373 is present in every row, he just didn't want to retype it for every row and left a blank for it.  So the low order bytes are the only thing that changes from row to row (which makes sense since that is the decimal portion of the numer) and of course the checksum is going to change as a result, so that is all he retyped in those later rows.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(970 Views)

Ravens Fan,

You are right and I was most definitely wrong.  I assumed he only included the data, didn't realize it was CRC.

Raghunathan,

Please uncheck my post as the solution and mark Ravens Fan post instead.

Message 23 of 24
(964 Views)

Raghunathan,

Please uncheck my post as the solution and mark Ravens Fan post instead.

Yes Sir, done !!

And of course my thanks to both you and Wayne and all others who took time to help.

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
Message 24 of 24
(941 Views)