LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with school project

Hello, I need a help with my project.

First of all I am new at this.

So I have to make a project with tanks - filling them, emptying and so on. I have to make automatic mode (as what I think I am done) and manual mode - can operate every single step what I have in my case structure manualy. I cannot figure out how I can do that..

After this I will have to make a data base and some charts and at the end attach an arduino to this. I think I will attach tabs, so I can swich to charts and make some sort of service.

But for now how can I make this in manual mode ? And I chose the correct structure ? Maybe event would be much better ? 

English is not my native so sorry for language, and please help me.

There is my VI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,476 Views)

Hello!
I see your project and it is interesting. You can imagine my surprise to see the implementation of some good practices in LabView programing.
In my opinion, the Event case has the best performance when the user has to make many actions in the UI (push on buttons, modify controls, etc.). So, I would put the event case in order to choose between Automatic and Manual mode. And, If you choose Manual, another Event case waiting for the button of single step to make the transitions.
Of course this option is better, but you will make a little extra-work. If you want to make the minimum changes do the next changes:
- In all your cases you have the Select Function. In the selector [s] you wired a conditional situation (greater or lesser than something). You should put an "AND function" wiring your conditional situation and the single step button [ST button).
- Now this change only work for the Manual mode. In order to work with the automatic mode, instead of the ST button I would put the Value property node of the ST button. And, in the initialization case make the changes for this ST button. If Automatic Mode is choosen the value for ST button will be True. If Manual Mode is choosen the value will be default (False).

Be careful with the mechanical action of the button of ST.

Best wishes!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,405 Views)

Thank you for responding, Jimbe, will try to make something after your guidlines.. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,372 Views)