LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with OGpipes

I would like to be able to use OGpipes to interactively communicate with a UNIX machine by launching a telnet connection using Putty.exe via the OGPIPE Open System Command__ogtk.vi. I have seen alot of posts about the OGpipes stuff and it seems like this is the kind of stuff OGpipes was designed for but I just can't seem to get it to work. 

I can launch the telnet session no problem using the System Exec.vi. When I do this, a Putty window opens prompting me to enter a login name and a password. I can then login in and begin communicating with the UNIX machine through the Putty window, I want to be able to do this programatically using the OGpipes VIs. 

TelnetUsingSystemExec.png

To my understanding the OGpipes stuff is capable of this. I believe that the output that is normally displayed in the Putty window can be routed to the output of the OGPIPE Read From Pipe__ogtk.vi and then commands can be sent to Putty using OGPIPE Write To Pipe__ogtk.vi. 

I cannot even get the OGPIPE Open System Command__ogtk.vi to open a Putty session. When I use this VI in the same exact way as I use the System Exec.vi the OGPIPE Read From Pipe__ogtk.vi times out.

TelnetUsingOGpipes.png
Message Edited by amaglio on 06-02-2009 02:22 PM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,567 Views)

Hello,

Can you post where you got the OGpipes library?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,545 Views)

Hi Anna, to be honest I am sure of where I got the pipes from... I just tried searching around to find the post where I got the address to download them from but no luck. But I will upload the zip file that I downloaded.

I figured out the solution to my issue. The whole problem is that Putty is not really a command line interface application, but Plink is!!! I am now using Plink and everything is working perfectly I can interactively communicate with a terminal on a remote machine right from LabVIEW, these OGpipe VIs rock!!

TelnetUsingOGpipes.png

Message 3 of 10
(5,539 Views)

The OGPipes package is developed by Openg, and Jim Kring has uploaded the version you have here, there is no need to zip the OGP file, you can install this package directly with VIPM.

If you want to help develop the code of OGPipes have a look at the code at sourceforge and drop by on the OpenG forums.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,525 Views)

Thanks for the additional info TonP, I just started getting into this Openg stuff last week and don't know all the ropes yet.

Jim Kring is really doing a nice job with that stuff. He's got some great innovative ideas on ways to enhance the LabVIEW programming experience, and in some cases making things possible that can't be done with the standard LabVIEW library. I give the guy an applause.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,514 Views)

Glad to hear you have it working!

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,504 Views)

amaglio,

I'm happy to hear that Ton was able to help get you up and running.  The OpenG Pipes library is due mostly to the work of Rolf Kolbermatter.  I only make announcements about new versions and try to spread the word 🙂

Cheers,

Message 7 of 10
(5,496 Views)

HELP ME WHEN I INSTALL OPENG G PIPES EVERYTHING SAYS OK BUT THE LIBRARY DO NO APPEARS IN MY LABVIEW 2017 I USED WINDOWS 10 WHAT CAN I DO

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,927 Views)

Hi!

After installing with manager the library, dll and vi s are here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\user.lib\_OpenG.lib

Just put them into your main vi.

Cheers

logipilot

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,620 Views)