LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph help

I'm writing a program for a HP4061A to get VI characterisitcs for a MOSFET.  What I'm doing is using the 2 terminals Vb to Bias the gate and Va to put a voltage across the source and drain.  This part is working perfectly.  What I'm then doing is putting the data for Va  (Voltage and Current reading) into an array and p[lotting it on an XY plot.  The trouble I'm getting is when I set Va to 0V from the maximum value it has gone to I get a line on the graph from the last reading to 0V.  Is there a way I can get rid of this line.  A picture of a sample graph displayed in the VI and my code is attached below.  I will also post an example of the type of graph I would like to get.

Thanks,

Matt

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,367 Views)

Matt,

the lines in the graph are displayed this way because you are having only a single plot. The default setting for the plot (as you use it) is to just connect each coordinate given in your plot with a simple line. So the best way to remove most of the disturbing lines is to put each characteristic curve into a plot (leading to several plots).

If you want to have connecting lines in your graph, there is no other solution. If you don't need lines at all, you can change the plot to only display the datapoints on the given coordinates with e.g. a star.

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,345 Views)

That was my initial thought but I don't know how many plot there will be therefore creating the indiviual plots is hard since I don't know how I could create each individual plot programatically rather than hard coding it.

Thanks,

Matt.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,339 Views)

Matt,

if you would get the array as a whole, i'd say this is hard to solve indeed (nevertheless possible with some extended arrayhandling).

Since you are building the array element by element, this is rather simple. You know when you start with a new setting for your voltage, so you can create a new plot.

If you have all plots available, you can draw them in a single update, or, if preferred, draw each characterization plot one after another.....

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,325 Views)