LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate/Read ATML TestResults Files using LabVIEW

I've become very interested recently in saving all my test results into XML files.  Seems like the wise way to go about this would be to use the ATML standard (http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/scc20/tii/IEEE1636-1TestResults/TestResults.html#complexType_doubleAr...).  I know this standard is supported in TestStand but I was wondering if any tools exist that would make it easier to use in LabVIEW.  (I could write it from scratch using LabVIEW's built in XML VIs but I'm not very familiar with XML in general so this would be time consuming)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

~GollumGTH

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,197 Views)

Hi GollumGTH,

I don't find that there is anything built into labVIEW for using ATML, however LabVIEW does have some built in XML functions that you can use, such as: Flatten to XML and Write to XML File. Also, if you are interested in using XML with Excel this article may be useful for you: 

http://blog.jki.net/community/painless-labview-test-data-management-with-xml-excel/

Kaitlin N.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,160 Views)

Kaitlin,

Could you provide me an example ATML file produced using TestStand?  Specifically, I'd like to see how it handles arrays.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,144 Views)

Hi GollumGTH,

Here is a picture of a the ATML report. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Perry S.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,113 Views)

@Perry S wrote:

Here is a picture of a the ATML report. Let me know if you have any questions.

Based on his question, I think a copy of the XML file itself would be of more value, since he would like to construct the file himself. The image does not show the structure of the data.

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,097 Views)

Hi GollumGTH,

Here is the file itself. Sorry for not sending it earlier.

Regards,

Perry S.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,079 Views)