LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execution suspended in LabVIEW 2015

Hi

I am executing in LabVIEW 2015 a program developed in a 2009 version of LabVIEW.

The problem is that sometimes (no always), the LabVIEW enters in a suspended state because it starts an infinite loop in the attached vi, specifically in the function in red. 

It is curious, that if I executed the same program, but with the "the light bulb" activated, it runs perfectly without problem...

Any idea why is happening this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,748 Views)

That initialize VI looks the exact same in 2014.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,741 Views)

@uhernand wrote:

It is curious, that if I executed the same program, but with the "the light bulb" activated, it runs perfectly without problem...

When you turn on 'highlight execution', it deliberately slows down the execution of the VI so you can see the data flow from one node to the next.

If you have an error with it turned off which is fine when you turn it on, it indicates some sort of race condition or timing problem.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,717 Views)

Can you attach the relevant VI (or VIs -- possibly Zipped) so we can see all of it and see if we can spot the (possible) race condition or deadlock?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,700 Views)

Umm I don't think that it could be a timing problem, because once I run the application with "highlight execution" activated, if I stop the application and run it again without the "highlight execution" it executes without problem... 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,650 Views)

Hi Bob

I attach the project. The main .vi es EquipmentServer.vi, it runs the whole project. 

The bug appears in the first secuence [0] of the Stacked Squence Structure. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,645 Views)