LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exe not communicating in other PC

Hello

I have created a VI which is communicating over opc to siemens plc,and is working fine.

now when i created an exe application and used it in another pc which has labview,it doesnt communicate.

perhaps i am missing something very basic,kindly guide me the proper way for it.

regards

Parmod Takkar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,587 Views)

Did you install the necessary LV Runtime and drivers for the components of your application? If you're using OPC, are you using the DSC module? Have you installed/activated an appropriate DSC run-time license?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,582 Views)
What error messages are you getting?

In general, one place to looking is for setup parameters that you have hardwired.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,578 Views)

As the other PC has same component installed as the one in which application is developed,and it is woking in that PC,so i assumed nothing is required to be installed in other PC.if these are required to be installed,please let me know the procedure for it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,573 Views)

@mike porter...

I dont get any error message but the values of bound variables is not changing when i m running the exe.but when i run the exe in the same pc it works fine.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,569 Views)
It would also be helpful to see your code. It early in the morning here, I haven't had a cup of coffee yet so my mind reading is a bit weak at the moment.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,562 Views)

@mikeporter

Here is the code,its very basic ,the problem here  is communication. 

enjoy your coffee,will wait for the reply

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,547 Views)

I also tried creating installer but the same thing happenned.it workd in the same pc but when i try it on other one,no tag communicates.

Regards

Ptakkar

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,503 Views)

Others with even more experience can check me here but, Building your exe to user\Desktop\ generally does not port well.

Set the destination to C:\<Company>\MyApp and see if that helps.

And in your installer remember to add a short-cut on the desktop

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,495 Views)

even tried that,made the application in C.nut it didn't help,still at the same ground 😞

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,463 Views)