LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1334, missing file from within .cab

Hi there, I hope someone can help.

For an application that has been maintainted over a number of years, I have encountered an issue where the installer generates an Error1334 which is indicating that a file is missing from a .cab file. Sometimes you can hit continue and proceed with the installer and the application will work fine, other times the installer fails. I don't have too much information on how the install fails, sorry. I'm getting second hand information and I haven't yet managed to replicate the install failure. I can get the Error 1334, but can hit continue and install.

I am attempting to clear this error in the hope it is the source of the issue.

If I search in the installer files for the indicated "LVRTL00.cab" I get several entries. Opening each of them up in WinRar I cannot find the named file, so I don't believe it is being created by the application builder.

The error message refers to a Real-time module, which I believe I shouldn't be needing since it's a software application, not an embedded one. Labview is adding a lot additional installers making the installer volume 2-3Gb+! Over time, the incremental updates to Labview have added more and more installer modules due to the dependancies enforced by NI. Aside from core components I mainly need NIDAQmx, NIMAQdx, VISA (for RS232), NI Shared variables and configuration support in NIMAX. I can be more specific about what installers are included if that would be helpful.

If someone could explain why when I run the installer it is calling for a Real-time module, without me asking for it in the builder, I would be very grateful!

I did try installing the real-time module, but I don't think my license covers that. (Mine is just core dev. + Vision acquisition)

I did try this, no effect:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/577B98C168E61C1386256D09005DDCC8

I am building this in LV 2015, and I have installed LV2017, with updates. I have also compiled this on LV2017 and got the same error.

Apologies if have not worded this very well or not provided enough detail, I wasn't sure where to start. Happy to provide what details I can.

Kind regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,030 Views)

Okay, so in case this is useful to someone else, I'll post an update.

I seem to have found what causes the installer generate the error. I had rolled back the build spec. for my installer so that it is only installing runtime libraries and this was ok. For my application I have been relying on using NIMAX to configure devices on the target system, and I would prefer to keep it that way. So, I have been enabling the configuration support for each module I use one by one, building an installer and then trying it out.

Turns out that I can install IMAQdx Runtime 16.0 with no problem but using NI-IMAQdx 16.0 generates the 1334 error. I did try an installer with all the dependancies that NI-IMAQdx 16.0 would add, but without the module itself. That one did not generate an error either.

I can probably work around this, making the camera configuration in my application rather than NIMAX, bit of a pain though.

I assume that NI-IMAQdx is somehow referencing something from the Real-time module, telling the installer it has a file to include but since I do not have it installed it cannot add the file to the build. Maybe errors are not being reported correctly at installer complie time, if I can create an installer that is referencing a file it does not have.

I had a 5 minute search for an appropriate way to report this bug on the labview site, but I didn't find anything obvious so I'm going to leave it here. If anyone reads this, any suggestion would be great, thanks.

Message 2 of 3
(2,982 Views)

Hi David

Thank you very very much for posting the solution to your problem!

I have been facing the exact same issue for the past couple of days. The application runs fine if I continued with the installation after this error comes up.

I have added IMAQdx and IMAQ to the installer which earlier had only the run time engines.

I will go ahead and remove them and try the new installer. I am hoping that I would face no more such errors!

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,640 Views)