LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1074384504 when trying to create an XNET session in LabView RT using NI 9862 CAN card and NI cRIO-9068 chassis

Get this error message (Error -1074384504 occurred at an unidentified location  Possible reason(s):  NI-XNET:  (Hex 0xBFF63188) The firmware version of your XNET C Series module is not in sync with your host computer. Solution: Update the firmware of this C Series module in MAX.) when trying to create an XNET session using a NI 9862 CAN card in a NI cRIO-9068 chassis.

How do I update the firmware or is this the actual issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,470 Views)

If you're going to use a 9862 module in a cRIO, project you need to add the 9862 module, create a FPGA target and compile a bitfile (even it's from an empty VI). Then when you load the bitfile (Open FPGA VI Reference function) from RT, it will load all the necessary FPGA resources to use the 9862.

If you still have the same issue about firmwares, at this point you should be able to "see" the 9862 module in MAX (under remote systems, under your 9068 target). If you select it, you should have an option to update the firmware of your module.

In case you have a cDAQ chassis (917x, 913x), you can just plug your 9862 module and update the firmware from MAX directly without going through the first step mentioned.

Regards,

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,437 Views)

The solution was I need to have my RT VI with Open FPGA reference running.  With this up and running and no errors I opened MAX.  The card shows up in MAX only when I run the RT VI with FPGA reference.  When I stop the RT VI the card goes away.  Once the card showed up I was able to update the firmware and all is good.  

Thanks, for your help!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,422 Views)