LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807360 occurred at VISA Open on certain devices

Hello,

Thank you for your help in advance

I am trying to get the interface names of USB 232 devices and get Error -1073807360 occurred at VISA Open on certain devices

Apart from a USB serial adapter, device manager shows that I have few other (Standard Serial over Bluetooth link) on COM ports that are detected on "VISA find resource VI" but cannot open on "VISA open:, this causes it to wait until an internal timeout > 20 seconds, which cannot be ignored by either the timeout intput on visa open or the timeout property node, and there are quite a few bluetooth serial com ports it detects (im not sure what they are but even after disconnecting headphones, logitech mouse adapters etc.. they still populate in device manager, if i uninstall them they come back on their own)

so overall time it takes to throw this error is in minutes. Error -1073807360 occurred at VISA Open 

when i drop the labview VISA resource name control, the drop down shows few COM ports with icons on the left (my assumption was that these refs are not closed) so i use open sessions.vi and for loop close all, but still the icons dont go away nor the error.

freemason1_1-1698095769544.png

freemason1_2-1698096352132.png

if i ignore all the errors it will eventually get the names of the COM ports specifically the usb rs232 adapters which im trying to populate for the user. but i have to wait a long time to get through each error of the bluetooth serial links and there is no way to give bluetooth items to be excluded in the search for visa devices. is there a special regex for this input to ignore these pesky devices

freemason1_0-1698097128412.png

any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(311 Views)