LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -10001 occurred at AI Group Config

Hii friends,

When i am running my labview i am getting a error like this. Can any 1 help me solving this, this error is troubling me frm many days

My error looks like this:

Error -10001 occurred at AI Group Config

Possible reason(s):

NI-DAQ LV:  An error was detected in the input string; the arrangement or ordering of the characters in the string is not consistent with the expected ordering.

My lab View is 8.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,842 Views)

Dear Nawab,

Please have a look at the following link.

Best regards,

Message 2 of 5
(3,831 Views)

Hi,

I am getting the same error code. I have a VI/program that was written under Labview 5.1 and running with Ni-Daq 6.5.1 and on a windows NT platform using cards PCI-6602 and PCI-6533 DIO and this program works fine. The PC is getting retired and being replaced by Windows XP Platform running the same hardware cards using Labview runtime 5.1 and NI-DAQ 6.9.3 as I believe 6.5.1 is not XP compatible. The program itself has a daqdrv file as well. Is there any fix for this the only thing I can think of is the NI-DAQ software is setting up the DIO and Clock cards differently than what the VI is expecting and thus returning this error.

Any help appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,652 Views)

Hi RicardoK,

There are a few things you should check off hand. First, make sure you use the channel names and numbers as in the Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX). If you already do, then doing the acquisition on those channels in MAX and see if that works. From there, I would then check the example vi to make sure the channel settings match those in MAX. Second, are you including the daqdrv file when you go through the application builder process? There actually might be a problem since it is a different version of the driver, the program might be looking for things in the NIDAQ 6.5.1 driver, which could have changed in the NI DAQ 6.9.3 driver. There were big changes made with the driver. For instance, NI-DAQ 6.7 and earlier versions used the daqdrv file, but it is not necessary for programs created with later versions of NI-DAQ. This could be causing the problem. I hope this helps!

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,640 Views)
Thank you for your reply,
                                        I think I might have to do some re-writing of the original labview program. I have checked MAX 6.5.1 on the older system and the bit mapping of the DIO card is different when I check it against MAX 6.9.3 on the newer XP based system. I feel as though its time to bite bullet and convert the program to LAbview 8.0.
Thanks RicardoK 
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,633 Views)