LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETSAPI.DLL

I built my LabVIEW code into an executable. The executable runs fine on the machine that has LabVIEW installed. On another machine that does not have LabVIEW installed, I installed the latest LabVIEW runtime engine, NIDaq, and NISync. When I run the executable, the following message appears:

"The program can't start because ETSAPI.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I have searched NI and Microsoft websites for this DLL but cannot find a satisfactory answer.

Does anyone know what this error means?

Message 1 of 8
(5,928 Views)

Looks like your executable was build for a Phar Lab RTOS and not for Windows. Phar Lab ETS is the realtime OS for NI RT desktops. Check the targets of your project to be sure that the build is related to the Windows PC.

Regards

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,911 Views)

The application is not using any real time (Phar Lap, VxWorks, etc).

We managed to fix this issue - and it WAS somehow related to RT.

On the development computer, I uninstalled any LabVIEW components that had to do with RT and rebuilt the application (no changes to the code). The error went away.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,898 Views)

I've run into this as well.  My codeline was a little different, because the same application could be built and deployed to an RT PXI, or could be build and deployed as a stand alone EXE on a windows machine.  We've gotten this error for months.  It occured when we pulled in a set of code we were provided by NI for a very specific task, but it was written for RT in the LV7 days, and is unsupported at this time.  We rolled it forward to LV2010 ourselves.  Try as we might we can't get rid of this error in any way.

And yes, it only occurs if I'm loading a project with the VI targeted to a windows machine.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,884 Views)

It happen if you use wrong nifpgalv.dll file. take one from /system32 dir

Message 5 of 8
(5,459 Views)

Hi, 

I have at the moment a similar issue. From one day to another, most of my vision drivers disapeared. Impossible to open now sime VI that I created in the past. It tells me that ETSAPI.DLL is missing. I am using windows 7 with Labview 2013. I tried to reinstall Labview without any change... It still does not work...

Do you have any clue? 

All the best. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,356 Views)

Hi Crissy0015,

Did you try reinstalling the driver?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,309 Views)

"The program can't start because ETSAPI.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."  This is the problem I had

Check in the same directory that the executable is in and see if you have some NI .dll files in there.  Try renaming the .dll files or move them to a different location. This worked for me.  Some kind of version incompatibality or something.

The files I deleted were 

niimaqdx.dll and nipalp.dll  They were most likely left over from a previous install.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,235 Views)