LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagonal Axis in XY Graph

I am making a DAS in LabVIEW to acquire the position of the LASER beam on the PSD. I have made an XY Plot, to display the position of the LASER on the PSD. But now my LASER beam moves on the diagonal of the PSD. Is there any way to have a diagonal axis/rotate the axis of the graph.

Also if we cant do that then can we get the polar co-ordinate form of the point and project the point sonehow by scaling on the vertical and horizontal axis, so that they act as the diagonal.

I am attaching a cartoon of what I want to achieve.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,642 Views)

You can put overlay images into your plot with a diagonal axis, these can easily beconstructed with the picture VIs.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,624 Views)
Where can I find picture VI ?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,621 Views)
Take a look at this thread - I think this is what you're going for. What you want to do is make the background of your XY graph is set to "transparent" and then simply overlay it on top of an image of your choice.
Misha
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,575 Views)
Would a 3-D plot be more appropriate?
-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,564 Views)

I think the easier approach is to rotate the data by 45 degrees. As you've asked, this can be done using polar data representation.

You can convert x/y data pairs (or Re/Im if you think of complex numbers) to polar coordinates

Then just add or subtract 45 degrees (in radian, so pi/4) to/from the angle and convert back using the corresponding function.

Hope this helps,

Daniel

Message 6 of 6
(4,559 Views)