LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database corruptio after 2GB

Hi,

I am facing a strange issue with database, the data was logged to the databse without any issue until the size of the database was 2GB, just after this size was crossed LabVIEW threw an error saying that the database is corrupted. I am using Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 as the database provider. This issue related to size has occured twice and I not sure about the reason behind it. Please suggest a solution for this issue.

Thanks

Mukunda

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,275 Views)

What Database are you connecting to?

MS SQL ? MySQL?

Where are the database stored ? Local or server?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,272 Views)

The desktop edition of SQL server (MSDE) has a 2gb limit.  If you are on an older operating system with FAT32 file system, i believe there was a 2gb file size limit.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,259 Views)
The jet database and Access is not very robust, in my experience. I would strongly recommend something more robust such as the free SQL Server Express or MySQL.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,250 Views)

I am using Microsoft access and OLEDB as database engine.

The Operating system is Windows 7 64 bit.

If there is some robustnes issue I am really surprised that it exactly happened at 2GB size for 2 times.

Mukunda

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,146 Views)

It's not a robustness issue, that's a size limit.  It'll happen every time your db gets that large. 

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,132 Views)
If your backend db is Jet/Access, you really should look towards migrating to SQL Server. Microsoft has (or at least *had*) an upsizing wizard, and there's a corresponding white paper on upsizing without much pain.

The free versions of SQL Server are designated with the "Express" name. The 2012 version will host an unlimited number of databases, though the size limit *per db* is 10Gb. It's a true client/server architecture, so no more of that "compact and repair" tool you've probably needed when a client aborted and left your Jet db file in a "suspect state". Amazingly, even the free versions come with a full set of tools for db creation, maintenance, and reporting

Can you tell I once used Jet and Access? Like you, I found that it "mostly worked". I upsized to SQL Server years ago (2007), and we've never looked back.

Dave
David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,102 Views)