LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant updating to string indicator

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a program that looks at a histogram and saves some information from the histogram to a file.  Every time the program saves the histogram I would like to see it update in a string indicator.  Right now the string output only sees the information from the most recent save, but I would like it to see all previous saves displayed as well.  Can someone help me put these strings into an array (or something like that) so that I can see all previous saves.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,993 Views)
Added Feedback node with initialization.  Newest status added to the top (reverse chronogical)

Paul
Message 2 of 3
(2,980 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author atomless

PJS:

The indicator should be probably be connected to the other side of the feedback node, else it lags one iteration behind.

atomless:

Your VI is full of race conditions, coercions and unecessary local variables.

1. Place all control terminals inside the loop and wire directly to the respective places, replacing the local variables!
  2. You can wire from a singe terminal to all places whrere they are read (e.g. "clear histogram")
  3. Place all indicator terminals inside the loop, in place of the local variables!
  4. Indicators that are in all cases of a case structure (e.g. "data acquired") belong after the case structure!
  5. Hidden indicators that only serve as source for locals can be deleted. Simply wire to the place where the data is needed (e.g. "ZPS-Hi refnum"). The wire is the data!
  6. Hidden indicators that only serve as data depository can be replaced with a globally initialized feedback node (e.g. "saves"). No local variable needed.
  7. Some of your indicator for I32 data are I16, meaning they will possibly overflow (e.g. "histogram total counts"). watch for little red dots!
Message 3 of 3
(2,958 Views)