LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring DAQ Assistant Express VI to accept an Array input

I'm trying to replicate a code that acquires temperature data from a temperature sensor using a USB-6009 DAQ. The temperature measurement is compared with several thresholds. Once the temperature exceeds each threshold, a corresponding physical LED and front panel LED will light up. There are 4 LEDs connected to 4 DAQ digital lines.

My question is how to configure the second DAQ assistant Express VI shown below (on the right) to send the  signals to light up the 4 LEDs on the breadboard. See picture of the code below:

I couldn't configure the DAQ assistant express VI to accept an input array.  I will appreciate any help.

Thanks

Figure 7 (Graphic8.png)

Here is the image of the LEDs below

Figure 5 (Graphic6.png)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,356 Views)

Post your actual VI so we can see how your DAQ assistant is configured.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,354 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,352 Views)

Why are you converting your boolean array to a number, than trying to build an array of that?

Your DAQ assistant is set up for a digital output.  So just wire your boolean array to that.

I'm not even sure how you got your screenshot to look the way it did with a blue integer datatype input.  When I opened your VI, the data input was green, which means boolean, which makes sense since it is set for digital output.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,349 Views)

The screenshot was from a tutorial. I was trying to replicate it. I couldn't figure out how the blue integer data type input was created on the DAQ Assistant Expresss VI.

So are you saying the tutorial could be wrong?  Is there a way to configure the DAQ assistant express VI to accept the blue integer data type array?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,344 Views)

Does the tutorial tell you how the DAQ assistant is configured?

It's possible that however they configured it, they set it for a port output where you write an integer value (such as U8) so that it turns on or off multiple digital lines at once based on the boolean combination of the bits.  However, I can't get a DAQ assistant to configure as an entire port.  It always comes up as individual lines meaning you have to send a boolean array, as opposed to an integer value.

Maybe it depends on the physical device that you are trying to connect with that determines whether you can write it as a port or as individual lines in the DAQ assistant?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,329 Views)

No, the tutorial didn't show how the DAQ assistant was configured. They assume that people completing the tutorial are familiar with labview code. Anyways, wiring the boolean array to the data input of the second DAQ assistant worked fine. Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,315 Views)