LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Nugget, 02/27/2008

Rod wrote:

1) I got the same problem of the BD alignment grid being turned off (as per craigc in msg 17)

OK, now I see it too in 8.6. I didn't see what Craig saw because he mentioned the FP grid and this disables both grids, but only does it if you have the BD grid enabled. This definitely looks like an NI bug (I'm guessing caused by calling the Get Diagram Image method), but we'll need to look into it to see exactly what causes it and if we can work around it. You're welcome to try too if you'd like, since I don't know when I'll remember to get around to it.

2) If the BD is minimised when the CC tool is opened, the "All" option doesn't capture all of the BD.

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Your examples shows the entire BD just fine. If anything, it's the FP which is cropped.

Personally, testing your VI works fine in 8.6, both with the BD minimized and with the BD closed. I didn't run it on 7.0 at the moment, but I never remember seeing an issue like this there. You're saying that moving things around changes the result. Is it possible the CCT is capturing the visible portion instead of everything?

(1,412 Views)

Hi tst,

Thanks for the reply -- and my apologies. I've just rechecked; I must have been having a bad day when I wrote the message. Between seeing the problem, and writing about it I managed to swap the BD and FP in my mind, so it IS the (minimised) front panel that gets cropped, and moving front panel items around changes the extent of the cropping.  It only seems to affect the All mode. I know how to avoid the cropping (keep the window open), so it's not a problem for me, it just made me curious.  If I get a chance to, I'll investigate...

Incidantally, on an empty VI both FP and BD alignment grids get turned off.

Rod.

PS. The CCT is an indispensible tool in my documentation writing!

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 35
(1,392 Views)

Rod wrote:

Hi tst,

I know how to avoid the cropping (keep the window open), so it's not a problem for me, it just made me curious.  If I get a chance to, I'll investigate...

Incidantally, on an empty VI both FP and BD alignment grids get turned off.

Rod.

PS. The CCT is an indispensible tool in my documentation writing!

Some things to investigate:

• Does it happen at 'Hidden' FP as well
  • Does it happen with multipane FPs

Good to hear you like the tool.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 35
(1,384 Views)
The disabled alignment grid issue appears to be resolved in the current beta.

(1,256 Views)

Version 2.0 is released, I posted a nugget that Tst wrote.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 35 of 35
(1,049 Views)