From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can LabVIEW download files from the Internet? I know the URLs of the files.

Can LabVIEW download files from the Internet? I know the URLs of the files.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(10,046 Views)
Hi bmihura,

I'm not sure what you what to do - download or open URLs - but I've put together the attached VI.

I hope it is of some use.

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

Message 2 of 19
(10,029 Views)
That example displays data from a URL in a separate browser window nicely. But is there a way to retrieve the data into a LabVIEW string?

For example, I'd like to read a .gif or .jpf file from a URL, then save it to my local hard drive.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(10,004 Views)
Oh, to anwswer your question more directly, I want to download rather than open URLs.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(10,006 Views)
Hi bmihura,

Please refer to the following knowledge base entry:
How to Display an Image from the Web in LabVIEW

It gives an example VI that accomplishes what you are trying to do.

Good luck!
Shakhina P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 5 of 19
(9,987 Views)
Perfect, thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(9,978 Views)
Hi bmihura,

I've written a downloader that might be useful to you.

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

Message 7 of 19
(9,931 Views)
That is useful, thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(9,924 Views)

Help me, please. This file - downloader.vi works with small files. I have much bigger file and this not work. I have one more question: Can You make this downloader with bytes recieved, bytes to do and size of file to download ? 

Of course there is vi "Url Get" and this one can download bigger files but I can't force it to make status, I mean bytes recived, bytes to do and size.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(9,154 Views)

How can use the Downloader for https ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(8,978 Views)