LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append a string to a string array.

@daveTW wrote:
Aren't it the silly questions,

Read my answer again! I never said the question was silly, just the restriction on the solution. I stick to my statement that the restriction of not being allowed to use a FOR loop is silly.: )

If you dont want a FOR loop on the diagram, that is a valid choice, especially if you need to perform this append operation in many places.

In this case you would turn this into an atomic subVI (containing a FOR loop in the subVI!) and the toplevel VI is clean and readable. 😄

Message Edited by altenbach on 10-09-2007 02:44 AM

Message 11 of 16
(1,085 Views)
Hi Altenbach,

nice icon for this subvi Smiley Very Happy
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 12 of 16
(1,077 Views)

@GerdW wrote:
Hi Altenbach,

nice icon for this subvi Smiley Very Happy

Yep!
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,064 Views)
Hi Altenbach,
you are right, I didn't read carefully enough. But what I wanted to say is that in my opinion you didn't strike the right note.

greets, Dave
Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,045 Views)
I understand that is difficult to sense any "note" from a few words, and that's why I added all these smileys to convey a friendly note. Sometimes I will still be misunderstood. 😄
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,022 Views)

labmaster,

Speaking as a hardware person, most code is unreadable to me.   Fortunately for people like me there is LV and its graphical representation.   I will say that I have grown to appreciate the power and simplicity of a FOR loop in LabView. 

altenbach

The image of you upside down drinking a beer with one hand is going to stay with me for while.  Sounds like a new competition for NI Week. 

Message 16 of 16
(1,010 Views)