LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding control image to report (report generation toolkit)

I was in my first labview training last week.

I brought a project which requires some major modifications. The trainer began them, and now I am  failing at this point :

I wanted to append a graph to the test report (excel format). He started to use the vi "Adding control image to report ". After, he made a vi, which create a FGV.

I know the graph refnum. It is a 2D table. I would like to know how I can finish the function.

I'm joining the print screen of the 3 vi.

Thank you very much for your help.

FGV VI :FGV creating

graph source : Graph Source

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,856 Views)

Hello,

Could you re-explain your issue?

Is the VI you added in your post the start of the exercice, or you already worked it?

Could you add your program to your next post (.VI)

You can write in french as well.

Best regards,

Jovan N. - Application Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,812 Views)

Thanks for your help.

Those VI are used at the end of the test, to create, generate, print and save a test report. Everything works without problem, except the step where i want to add a temperature graph to the test report.

The VI "Adding control image to report" is used in the case condition "GraphX" of the VI "Banc Transfo - Report.vi".

I don't know what is the control type that i need to connect to this VI. The trainer created the VI "FGV - Graph", but didn't connected the corresponding control. This VI has been created to exchange the graph data between the main VI and the report VI.

I can't add the main VI, which creates the graph to print, it's a real mess.

Many Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,798 Views)

FGV - Graphs.vi is a function global variable. In this case, you can write inside or read its value.

I presume there is the same vi in the main with a true constant connected to it. You write the refnum of the Graph inside the VI, then you read it in Ban Transfo - report in order to export  the image to the report.

You have to study the program step by step to see if you write the refnum to the FGV, and then if you execute the GraphX case.

Best regards,

Informations on FGV: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-2143

Jovan N. - Application Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,792 Views)

If what you want to do is to generate an Excel Report, using LabVIEW, that includes an Excel graph inside it, I posted a Snippet showing how to do this in the Forums just over a year ago.  In the Search box, type "Revised " (with the extra space at the end) and it should pop up my post.  This is a full-fledged Demo showing how to use the RGT to do a lot of useful things with rather little effort.

Bob Schor

P.S. -- if you really like this as an answer, give a Kudo to the earlier report and mark this post as a Solution.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,778 Views)