LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8.6 3D Surface Graph color ramp

Hello all,

For my application I'm using LabVIEWs 3D Surface Graph.  I had previously used 8.5's version, but it isn't playing nicely with my upgrade to 8.6.  I upgraded my graphing software, but it's not behaving like I want.  The color ramp always autoscales to fit my data and I don't want it too.  I made a picture to show the difference between 8.5 and 8.6.  If anyone knows where they hid the option, please point me in the right direction because I have searched high and low for it.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,342 Views)

Hi elset191!

The 3D graph in LabVIEW were ActiveX untill version 8.5. In version 8.6 there are also native controls, that are XControls.

You can find the old ActiveX 3D graphs in the Controls palette in Classic >> Classic Graph also in version 8.6. If you use these ActiveX controls, you still have the same properties.

As far as I can see in the new XControls you can't set the autoscale option for the Color Ramp. Anyway these are new versions of the graphs and R&D is working to fix bugs and improve them, so I encourage you to submit any product suggestions you may have so that these ideas can be considered.

For product suggestions refer to http://digital.ni.com/applications/psc.nsf/default?OpenForm&temp1=&node=

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Serena M.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,314 Views)

Thanks for replying.

I am aware that I can still use 8.5's 3D Graph still, but when I do the colors don't work properly and I have no idea why.  They work on my computer sometimes, but haven't at all on the other computer I use to develop on.  It's very strange.

-Tim

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,277 Views)