From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1502 error previous solutions not working

Solved!
Go to solution

1502 error when trying to build exe. Previous versions of this code built succesfully. Tried various solutions found after search but none work. Application builder errors on "set current font.vi" Cannot build exe with debugging enabled - exe has broken arrow. When I de-select "Remove unused members of project libraries" and build LV acts "lost" and cannot find DSC controls even after I point to the correct libraries (???). Thanks in advance.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,606 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PaulG.

Under "Additional Exclusions," try unchecking Disconnect type definitions and Remove unused members of project libraries.  Let me know if this helps.

Message 2 of 5
(4,563 Views)

Your solution worked. I had tried this previously but when the compiler was processing it acted like it was "lost" and "blind" looking for my DSC module controls (2D, 3D valves, pumps, etc.) and I thought it was pointless. However, this morning I tried it again and this time I had to point LV to each.and.every.DSC.control. About a couple of dozen mouse clicks later I had a successful build. Thanks. Smiley Happy

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,526 Views)

I found that I only needed to uncheck "Modify project library file after removing unused members"

Message 4 of 5
(4,458 Views)

For anyone unexpectedly stumbling upon this problem: pjackson59's suggestion worked for me (LV 2011).

Thank you to all contributors for the valuable help.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,885 Views)