LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create an application due to RT module

When I try to build an exe I get the following message. I think it is due to the RT MathScript in Labview 9.0 as I was able to build in 8.6 using the same functions. 

An error occurred while saving the following file:

"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\vi.lib\imath\engines\lvmath2\RunTimeEngine\BuiltInFunctionSupport\string\NIMS_string_Extract Conversion Specifier.vi

Invoke Node in AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller
<APPEND>
Method Name: <b>Save:Target Instrument</b>"

Any ideas how I can stop this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,729 Views)
Hello,

This sounds like a bug.  Can you post a simplified version of your code that reproduces this error?  That way we can investigate the problem.

Grant M.
Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW MathScript | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,726 Views)

I have built a simple project just containing the VI with the MathScript node I thought was causing the problem, but it seemed to build okay. The next level up is the main project VI and I cannot make that any smaller very easily. The project runs okay in the Labview environment and I get the results I expect. Does the message give you a clue to in which module or VI the problem may be related to?

I have full server licenses, but a temporary RT Module license while the server license is issued; could that be the issue why it won't build?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,721 Views)
Hello,

From the error message you posted, the problem is with the MathScript RT module.  However, this problem likely results from some type of string processing (e.g. sprintf, fprintf, fread, etc.) in your node.  Without seeing the code, it will be very difficult to debug.  But we know it is with MathScript and that you need to have your top-level VI in the application for it to fail.  Try trimming your top-level VI.  Only leave the portion of the code that feeds the subVI with the MathScript node.  Create constants for the inputs to that subVI if you need to.  You may also try trimming other commands from the MathScript node.  Keep trying to reduce the size of the VIs and the script until you feel you have a minimal reproducible set or there is no longer any IP you mind posting to the site.  Then we can investigate the problem on our end and determine the cause of the problem.

Grant M.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,703 Views)

GrantM

I managed to sucessfully build my Application twice today, but it also failed to build about 10 times of trying. I was using exactly the same files each time, so I suspect there is a fault in the application builder in Labview 9.0 and the problem does not lie in my project files.

I am now sometimes having the build fail occur with a different file, but it is again to do with RT MathScript.

"An error occurred while saving the following file:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\vi.lib\imath\engines\lvmath2\RunTimeEngine\BuiltInFunctionSupport\bitwise\NIMS_bitwise_Is Nonnegtive Integer and Less than bitmax.vi

Invoke Node in AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller
<APPEND>
Method Name: <b>Save:Target Instrument</b>"

I was hoping to distribute this file to customer this week, but this issue is causing me a headache.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,697 Views)
Hello,

If you are able to successfully build your application some of the time, the problem may very well lie with the application builder itself.  In both cases you reported an error, the problem VI has been a MathScript VI.  Is the location where you are putting the built application files a directory with a long path?  Both VI names that you posted have long names.  It is possible that the VI name combined with the path to your built executable is too long for the file system to handle.  Can you try building your app in C:\app or some other directory with a short name?

Grant M.
Message 6 of 8
(7,671 Views)

dialog_bod,

Make sure your MathScript is actually activated!

Apparently ownership of MathScript is confiscated when you upgrade from LabVIEW 8.6 to LabVIEW 2009.

I know this is for sure the case if your acquired MathScript as part of NI Developer Suite.

Does not matter if you were and still are on current SSP.

You may need to purchase MathScript again.

You should be able to check if this is what happened to you.

Verify that your MathScript is activated.

Kevin. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,633 Views)
Thanks for the help, but it seems that it was a simple problem that the a couple of the mathscript VIs were unable to accept the .exe file path names I was using to build the application due to their length. Reducing the length seems to resolved the issue.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,600 Views)