Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jit3 automation

Hi
I am trying to automate jit3 (the jitter analysis software that comes with TDS6804 oscilloscope). The question doesn't quite relate to LabVIEW, but I can't find a command to grab a plot data from the jit3. If you know a command, please share with me. And if you have labview code for grabbing the Plot data, that will be awesome!
Thank you 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,069 Views)
Hi Irene, I'm actually in the middle of working on automating a TDS6604 on which we have also have JIT3. I have just been working on automating mask testing but may incorporate JIT3 functionality.

Are you using LabVIEW?

When you say the plot data, do you mean the waveform? The LabVIEW driver has a "tktds6k Get Waveform" that returns the waveform points in an array. You can also do a screen capture but this is saved as a bitmap so no analysis would be possible.

The driver to download from TI is named tds6k108.zip.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,061 Views)

Hi

Actually I don't grab the plot from the main window (the tek scope application). I have to, at Jit3 program, go to plot>create, and then the plot pops up, then click on data and export. So basically I have to create a plot (eg cycle trend plot from every acquisitions) from the jit3 program and export that plot, not the waveform plot though. What I need isn't the plot figure, but it's the data points that make the plot though.

Do u know a GPIB command to grab a plot (from jit3) over the GPIB? (or at least just to tell the instrument to grab the plot and save it into the hard drive in the oscilloscope)

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,048 Views)
The JIT3 directory on my TDS6804 has some LabVIEW examples. Have you looked at these?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,040 Views)