Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

including visa32.dll without installing the complete Pci-MXI cd

Hi,

I have an application made in Borland C Builder 6. this application inculudes some visa function.
Therefore I need the visa32.dll and NiViSv32.dll in my project.
Because i am developing the application in my room and not in the Lab where we have the VXI Rack, then i don't want to install the CD you deliver call PCI_MXI-2/VXI because there is no need. The problem is that i can't run the program without installing the software in the mentioned CD.Why can't I run my application only using the visa32.dll and NiViSv32.dll.
May be you can tell me if i am missing another file that is deliver with the CD.

Thanks
Yair.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,732 Views)
Yari - I had the same problem (using MS VS C++). Older versions of visa32.dll (up to the last year or two) also had another dll named NiViIO32.dll in addition to NiViSv32.dll. These three dlls did exactly what you want. The latest visa32.dll doesn't use (depend on) NiViIO32.dll and instead depends on the VISA package. Your best bet (and what I did) is to download the VISA run-time engine (go to ni.com, select "Drivers and Updates" under "Technical Support, and then select the "VISA" Product Line, "VISA Run Time Engine" Software and the VISA Software Version and Operating System you use). It's a lot better than loading the full VISA system and MAX.

Hope this helps,
Ed Perkins
Honeywell Int'l.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,732 Views)