Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to establish a connection between the HP4145B through USB-GPIB interface 82357B

We have a problem with connection manager for Agilent 82357B
The warning is:
Warning:
The IDN string "ID HP4145B 1.1,1.0" was badly formed and may not parse into individual IDN fields.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,338 Views)
Are you using any NI software or hardware? The connection manager and the USB device are from Agilent. In case you may not have noticed, NI and Agilent are not the same company.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,335 Views)
We are using Agilent GPIB to USB converter, but the problem is now that we can access to it only via interactive IO, but we cannot communicate through library functions of VISA, resp. SICL. It doesn't work.
We don't know how to access to it via VISA. We linked the library, but we are not sure whether it is working.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,331 Views)
I'm still not sure why you aren't asking Agilent about their hardware and their software. From where are you trying to use VISA? Please answer my original question about how NI hardware or software is involved.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,325 Views)

We are using Agilent HW and also original SW from CD, which was packed in.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,304 Views)
we managed to send the data to the HP4145, but we are not able to read the data from measurement.
I have no idea, how to program the procedure that will read the data through SICL library. Please if anybody was working with SICL, reply.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,300 Views)

www.agilent.com

You are not using any NI hardware or any NI software. However, you persist in posting to an NI forum.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,282 Views)

Sorry, it was mistake, we are using both NI and Agilent VISA. NI visa is used in LabView, now we made something working...

Thanks for your time, I need to find mistake myself, if not, I will let you know... 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,261 Views)
If you had simply said that in the beginning instead of keeping it a secret for some reason, you could have gotten help a lot sooner. A search of the forum would have turned up numerous threads where Agilent and NI VISA were both installed. Since you installed NI-VISA, I would assume that you also installed MAX. Did you enable tulip support in MAX? Select Software>NI-VISA and then click the VISA Options tab in the center window. Go to General Settings>Passports.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,259 Views)

We enabled tulip, we are able to send some commands to the GPIB, but the problem is now, that some commands are accepted, some not, even if the syntax is correct.

Then we have problem also with download data from bus...

I can send you block diagram of our project, maybe It is better.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,256 Views)