Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage control to control flow in MFC through USB6009

Hi People!!

Hope its going great!

Well I am learner in LabVIEW and been studying and researching about automating my simple situation... 🙂

My setup is really simple:

What I have is 2 Mass Flow Controllers from Bürkert Flow Control (Model - 8710). And they can be interfaced and controlled via simple Analog Inputs.

AlsoI have, NI USB6009 DAQ which has 2 analog outputs, which solve my purpose..

What I want to do, is to simply control the analog outputs into the MFC's simultaneously through two potentiometers (for instance on the front panel) to control the flow rate through MFC's.. The range in which I want to control the voltage is 0-5V..

Can somebody share a sample VI for reference in this regard just to get me started?? All I have reached upto is this VI which I am attaching!

I sincerely look forward to your support!

Thanks in advance!! Smiley Happy

Regards

Pramit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,040 Views)

Take a look at NI-DAQmx examples

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,018 Views)

Hey Pramit,

the examples nyc mentioned are shipped with the DAQmx driver. Take a look at this site how to use and find the examples suited for your needs:

Finding Examples for LabVIEW - National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/getting-started/labview-basics/examples

Regards, Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,003 Views)

Hopefully you found some examples by now, but I attached another one below. I didn't test it on a real DAQ device, but it should work.

Usually I create DAQmx tasks in the Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX). So, you could create a task with 2 AO channels in MAX and use them in the code, instead of creating the task at on the fly when the program starts.

This gives you also more debugging options, since you can run the task in MAX and control the AOs from there. But in this case, if you want to run your program on a different PC, you need to copy the task too. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,942 Views)

I am having an MKS mass flow controller with RS-485 interface. I need to operate it with a CPU which does not have any serial port but USB. How can I operate the Mass flow controller with this CPU in labview? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,229 Views)

You could use an USB to RS485 adapter. Works pretty good. Don't by the cheapest one. I used mainly B&B Electronics adapters, but there are also many others.

http://www.bb-elec.com/Products/Serial-Connectivity/Serial-Converters/Port-Powered-Converters.aspx

I used a simple USB to RS232 and then the adapter mentioned above. There are maybe some adapters directly converting USB to RS485 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,224 Views)