Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSCI 421 continous execution

Hi all..
I have the following question; I have installed the instrument driver for Lakeshore 421 gauss meter. I can run the program by using Application VIs--Getting started VI, and see the single measured value .
In order to perform continous execution i placed the application VI inside a while loop, which enables continous execution. But the problem is that the values displayed in the front panel is extremely delayed. Namely, I see the measurement the  value, which is displayed on the device own screen, much later on the front panel. I think i have placed the while loop  to wrong place.
What can i do in order to perform real time measurments? where i should replace the while loop if it s the my mistake?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,828 Views)
If you are using a getting started or application example in a while loop, you are probably doing a lot of unneccessary work with each iteration. These top level VI are intended to give a programmer some idea on how to create their own program. They will include functions on initializing the instrument that you probably don't need to repeat over and over again. See if there is a simple read function that you can use in the loop and move the initialization stuff to the beginning of your program and outside the loop.
Message 2 of 2
(2,821 Views)