Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure the Noise Figure(NF),IIP3,Stability using Agilent N5230A,PNA-L network analyzer

Dear Sir,

I have designed the low noise amplifier, we have AGILENT NETWORK ANALYZER with  N5230A PNA-L network analyzer. We don't have the user guide for the above said instrument. Can you guide me any one, how to measure the noise figure , third order input intercept point (IIP3) , third order output intercept point, and stability of the low noise amplifier using N5230A , PNA-L AGILENT NETWORK ANALYZER.If anybody knows help document links for Noise Figure, IIP3,OIP3, stability of low noise amplifier measuring using PNA-L, N5230A network anylyzer, can you show me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,922 Views)

@suresh_babu wrote:

Dear Sir,

I have designed the low noise amplifier, we have AGILENT NETWORK ANALYZER with  N5230A PNA-L network analyzer. We don't have the user guide for the above said instrument. Can you guide me any one, how to measure the noise figure , third order input intercept point (IIP3) , third order output intercept point, and stability of the low noise amplifier using N5230A , PNA-L AGILENT NETWORK ANALYZER.If anybody knows help document links for Noise Figure, IIP3,OIP3, stability of low noise amplifier measuring using PNA-L, N5230A network anylyzer, can you show me.

manual for Agilent network analyzer can be found at agilent's website

Your question has nothing to do with using NI equipment or software.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,914 Views)

Not only not a Labview question, but the PNA is not the right instrument for measuring Noise Figure.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,907 Views)

Also you don't measure an Amps stability. You measure the s-parameters and calculate the stability from the S-pars and the device, load and source matches.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,903 Views)

Dear Sir,

All are telling that using N5230A,PNA-L network analyzer ,it is not possible to measure the Noise figure. O.k, how can we measure the third order intercept point (IIP3).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,898 Views)

If the analyzer has tuned receiver mode setup for one of the 3rd order product tone to be power swept. Then look for the bend in the power curve. Again though this post is for Labview issues not Agilent test questions. I suggest you use the Agilent call center to get your question answered.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,887 Views)