Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an executable build for eurotherm instrument driver

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has or can create an executable build from the instrument driver for the eurotherm 3216 Temperature Monitoring Control vi.

I have downloaded the file from the NI website http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=7F14CDCB24923797E04400144F1EF8... .

It runs fine when I run the VI from the project explorer, but the moment I create an executable build and load the application, I constantly get this error, Error 7 occured at open File+.vi:Open File.

I will be glad if someone can help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,746 Views)

Apparently, there is a 3200 data.csv file in the driver folder that it needs to read from.  And it is hardcoded to be in the instr.lib folder.  That will not work when you go to an executable.

If you want to risk changing the driver, you could edit Utility Read Modbus Address DataType.vi to look at the application folder instead when in an executable.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,741 Views)

As far as I can see, that file does not exist in any of the drivers, so I'm a bit curious on how to make this work in source code without that file ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,544 Views)

Hey,

The file seems to be missing in the downloads on the NI Instrument Driver Network and we will address this shortly.

For the meantime, you can download the driver directly from the eurotherm website which contains the 3200 data.csv file.:

http://www.eurotherm.nl/downloads?dsearch=3200%20labview&dlang=0&dsort=date&dorder=DESC

Andreas

Andreas
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,535 Views)