Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx virtual channel

Hello,  I have set up 50 virtual channels and all are receiving data from the instruments as I can tell by the changing values when I hit run.  I have an OPC client that is showing this channels.  Most of the data is send and mimics what is in NI-MAX.  But several of the channels are sending a constant steady 0.000000.  Does anyone know what could be incorrect?  I attached a couple screen shots to show what I mean.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,674 Views)

Hi ipauli,

What hardware are you using for these global virtual channels? You see the value changing in NI MAX when you hit run, but on the OPC client you see a constant 0.0000 for some of these channels? Is the problem isolated to specific hardware, or do some channels on a single piece of hardware work while others do not? I am trying to isolate this problem to either the OPC server or the hardware. 

Adena L.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,630 Views)

Hi Adena,

Some strange occurred.  When I posted there were about 15 tags that were not reporting.  Today there were 6 that did not display.  I do not have any idea why  the  others started transmitting data but I do not care at this point.  If they stop relaying data, I will certainly relay the problem.  

For the other channels, actually 2 of them, I am embarrassed to say, I had the same input sources as others.  I corrected them and all is well. 

Why some were not transmitting then started is absolutely strange.  If I find a reason I will tell but all is functioning now.

Thank you for replying.

i appreciate it,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,626 Views)