Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i send and receive a 2us digital pulse from Labview

i want to communicate with a system using 2us pulse

like if i want to send 11010100 then i will send

|----2US----|----2US----|.............

____       ____                        _____                          _____

I      I___I       I_____________I         I______________I         I_______________________

|----1-----|-------1-------|------0-------|--------1--------|------0-------|---------1---------|------0-------|------0-------|

when i will send 11010100 to system the system will repond me by sending 10111001 usinf same 2us pulse as i have shown above.

I have pci-6025E+CB 50LP connector block+Cable and LABVIEW 10 installed in my PC.

Can this be done using NI's labview and PCI card ?

if yes then how ?

i m new to NI and this is my first Project using NI's hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,403 Views)

Not with that card.  You need a DIO that is hardware timed in order to get that fast.  Or you could go with an R-Series FPGA card.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,388 Views)

ok lets make it a 5us pulse intead of 2us. now is it possible with this hardware(PCI-6025E) ?

i just need example code for the pulse pattern in my previous post fir head start.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,383 Views)

The fastest I would trust software timing is in the tens of milliseconds.  And even then, don't count on exactness.  The software timed DIO are best used for static applications (only change every once in awhile, usually controlling a relay or the like).  From my quick search, you will want something like the PCI-6220.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,379 Views)

thx for ur replies.

can u please give me an example code generating the above shown pulses(i.e binary 11010100) of any frequency.

i m new to lab view and completeley blank that how to generate pulses of this pattern using labview.

urs sincerely HasanRazaKz

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,375 Views)

Open the LabVIEW Example Finder (Help->Find Examples...) and do a search for "write digital external".  You should see a "Write Dig Chan-Ext Clk.vi".

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,369 Views)