DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time channel depend on to the clock of system

I use diadem for view some data channels,and I have a time channel!BUt it's data depends on clock of the system that use it

for exampel if I use GMT time I have true data but If i use  cairo(GMT+2), I have error in my time data in view.I have problem with this because I want to send my data to another system  in an other city and I want to have the true data there too(with diffrent time zone).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,554 Views)

Hi sahand2,

You didn't mention what type of data file you were creating.  If DIAdem is creating the data file, I'm going to guess it's a TDM file.  TDM files do not store the time zone by default as part of the date/time channel values.  This is by design.  You could argue that this is wrong, and you can certainly argue that this is different from LabVIEW's handling of date/time information, but it is intentional nonetheless.  The idea is that most people don't want to use UTC time, and it would only confuse them.

So I'm afraid if you want to store UTC date/time information, you should add a property to the TDM file that contains your time shift from GMT, then apply that time shift to all date/time values after loading the data from the TDM file-- this will not happen automatically, but at least you will have a defined way of handling this feature gap.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,546 Views)
we made our data by measurement studio and our data are tdms,and we save time in seprate channel and other information in some other channels!and we use time channel as x-axis in diadem view.but if our system clock isn't GMT time our channel time (x-axis) dont show the right time and it has some shift from the true time
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,471 Views)

Hello Sahand2,

Can you please let us know what versions of Measurement Studio and DIAdem you are using?

Thanks,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,452 Views)