cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modify diadem gui elements

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I will shortly have to write a diadem plugin that modifies diadem GUI : hide some elements, add others.

This is supposed to be possible.

I am looking for documentation on how to do this, and find nothing.

Can anybody tell me if things like this are doable, and if they are, where can I find documentation on how to do it ?

(I would preferaby do this in c++, if possible, since i may need performance for some of the additional dialogs.)

Thank you in advance.

Vivian Brégier,
software developper
Atos Origin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,464 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vivian Brégier

Hi Vivian,

The easiest way to change the GUI is from the build in DIAdem VBS client.

There are several things that you can do to change the user interface. Add, change and remove menus - or adding, changing and removing icons.

The interface to the icons is in the "BarManager" object in DIAdem. Just search for the "BarManager" object in DIAdem help and you should find an example called "Expanding the Group Bar" (with VBS source code) and documentation about the object.

To change the menus in DIAdem, search for "Menu"  and then look at the commands starting with "MenuItem...", there are examples for thisas well as explanations for each command that should help you find your way through this part of DIAdem

I do not believe there is an easy way to do this through C++, our scripting language is VBS, so that's what we concentrate on for the GUI manipulation functions.

Otmar D. Foehner
Message 2 of 5
(4,457 Views)
Thank you for your answer, I'll look at the help pages you pointed out, and will do the UI manipulation in visual basic. This part should not need performance anyways 😉
Vivian Brégier,
software developper
Atos Origin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,429 Views)

Actually, after playing a little with visual basic scripts, i could
not find a way to hide panels. I want to hide some panels (NAVIGATOR,
ANALYSIS, REPORT, SCRIPT) so that the user can only do what he's
supposed to do. Is this possible ?

I found a WndShow
method, but calling WndShow("REPORT", "CLOSE") or
WndShow("REPORT","HIDE") does nothing (not even an error ?!?)

One more question : is it normal that I get some error messages in German ? I don't speak german...
Message Edited by Vivian Brégier on 01-22-2009 10:40 AM
Vivian Brégier,
software developper
Atos Origin
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,408 Views)

Hi Vivian,

DIAdem 11.0 does not support customizing of the larger "panel" icons (NAVIGATOR, VIEW, ANALYSIS...).  We are working on this and expect this to be possible in the future.

You should never receive an error message that contains German text, assuming you're using an English version of DIAdem.  Please treat that as a bug and report it, so that we can fix it.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Produt Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,390 Views)