DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Channel wraps and have outliners

Hi, I have a dataset that time channel goes back to close zero and have outliners.

I would like to remove outliner and add offset to the close to zero values with previous highest values, so that the time channel is from low values to high values.

I am wondering if there's an easier way to have this done. Attached please find the example data,please check time channel.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,036 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,010 Views)

Hi IIx,

Your submitted data set has 2 different issues introduced into the Time channel.

A) The 597th value is suddenly 0, though all values immediately before and after it are fine.  This is what I would term a "dropout" value, as in your sensor suddenly and incorrectly measured zero, then quickly went back to measuring correct values.  The ideal solution here is to correct only the one "dropout" value to a value halfway between its nearest neighbors.

B) The 1025th value suddenly drops to almost zero, after which all subsequent values are correct RELATIVE to that sudden drop.  This commonly occurs when you are logging datetime values without the date component.  Each time the Time channel "rolls over" at midnight, the Time signal suddenly shifts back to nearly 0.  The ideal solution in this case is to add an offset value to ALL values after the sudden drop, as you described in your post.

Do you really want to address both A) and B) issues, or just B)?  This is obviously a simulated data set, so I'm unclear what you're actually dealing with in your real data sets.  Both of these issues are easy to deal with when only one of them occurs.  When both A) and B) events happen in the same data set, we'll need to define the rules that determine which type of event each sudden drop is.

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,002 Views)