cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Script Debugger

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello !
   I have DIAdem11.0 & Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 express edition. I want to debug the .vbs scripts, which is unfortunately not possible. Please let me know why this is so (the help says that if script debugger is there, then it should be possible to use the debug mode) and more importantly, how I can circumvent this situation.

Es gibt ein paar diskussions über dieses Thema hier. Aber mein Deutsche ist leider nicht gut. Deshalb habe ich nur etwas verstanden. Ist eine Übersetzung auf Englisch möglich?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With warm regards,
Saurav Mukherjee

Message Edited by Mukherjee on 08-12-2008 09:00 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,893 Views)

Hi Saurav Mukherjee,

The debugger that you have to download is the Microsoft VBScript debugger, not the Microsoft Visual C++ debugger.  The VBScript debugger is a very small installation that you can get from Microsoft for free.  Microsoft does not allow other products (i.e. DIAdem) to install their VBScript debugger.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,872 Views)

Hello Saurav,

The debugger can be found here (well, at least until Microsoft decides to change the link again):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2f465be0-94fd-4569-b3c4-dffdf19ccd99&DisplayLang=en#AdditionalInfo

The version of the debugger is 6,0,0,8424 if you check in the "DIAdem Help - About - Script Engine" menu.

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,865 Views)

Dear Otmar & Brad,

Thanks for your help. However I'm not able to find this script debugger in MS website. :mansad: Could you attach the same in your reply?

Thanks in advance,

With warm regards,

Saurav

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,840 Views)

Hi Saurav,

I'm curious, are you unable to connect to the URL that Otmar posted, or are you unable to use that Microsoft web site to download the VBScript debugger?  I rather doubt that I'm authorized to post an installer from Microsoft in this forum that they have specifically protected behind an authentic Windows check at their web site.

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,837 Views)

Hi Brad,

I went to the url. After the few authencity checks, MS redirects me to a page saying that the particular download is not available!

WIth warm regards,

Saurav

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,832 Views)

Hello Saurav!

The link should work. Wich OS are you using?

Matthias

Matthias Alleweldt
Project Engineer / Projektingenieur
Twigeater?  
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,829 Views)

I'm using WinXP Professional version. The authenticity check is successfully done. After it a page opens with the information that the download I'm looking for is unfortunately not available!!

MfG,

Saurav

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,809 Views)

Hello Saurav!

You have the same OS. This is not the reason for the problem. Can you try to download on another machine?

Matthias

Matthias Alleweldt
Project Engineer / Projektingenieur
Twigeater?  
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,807 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mukherjee

Saurav,

Please send me an email to: myfirstname DOT mylastname AT ni DOT com (no middle initials) and I'll send you an alternative way to get to this download.

Message Edited by Otmar on 08-15-2008 07:35 AM
Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,797 Views)