Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog Agent Prognostics Toolkit

Please post any questions or feedback about the Watchdog Agent Prognostics Toolkit in this thread.

Doug Farrell
Solutions Marketing - Automotive
National Instruments

National Instruments Automotive Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 65
(17,737 Views)

Hi Doug, this toolkit seems very interesting. We develop condition monitoring products and use the sound and vibration toolkit already. Where can I get more information on the new toolkit?

I am also unable to find a link to download an evaluation.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 65
(17,656 Views)

Hey,

The Watchdog Agent was actually just put up this monring and can be downloaded from www.ni.com/watchdogagent.  Additionally, here is some more information about the toolkit and its features:

Doug Farrell
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 65
(17,635 Views)
Hi, initialize DAQmx.vi Configure.vi start.vi read.vi stop.vi clear.vi these are missed in examples Watchdog Agent Examples\online degradation detection please help check them, thx
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 65
(17,623 Views)

Hey SkyHawk,

It sounds like you don't have the DAQmx driver.  If you are using the Watchdog Agent toolkit with USB or other DAQ cards you will need the NI-DAQmx driver.  If you are using it offline with already existing TDMS files or with an NI CompactRIO you would not need this driver and use the "offline" examples.

The DAQmx driver can be downloaded from here https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/drivers/download.ni-daq-mx.html

Doug Farrell
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 65
(17,615 Views)
thank you very much !
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 65
(17,608 Views)

How does licensing work with this toolkit?

Any reference information regarding how to use this toolkit?  I see there are examples for the toolkit, but I'm looking more for explanations on which algorithm to use in a given situation, advantages/disadvantages of each, etc...

For example, I'd like to monitor the health of a pump using vibration analysis.  I'm not really sure where to start so I need more background information on machine condition monitoring, and how it relates to this toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 65
(17,498 Views)

Hi Jay, thanks for your interest in the Watchdog Agent Toolkit

Currently the licensing allows for only code development, not deployment.  This is because we are still working on ironing some of the kinks out of the toolkit to make it product ready.  We are in what we call a Pioneer Release, you may have noticed the toolkit is also currently free.  In the near future we will move into a more standard licensing model, allowing for deployment and charging a fee per deployment license.

This is certainly an advanced toolkit and was developed to provide the signal processing functionality to LabVIEW for users who were already familiar with the algorithms.  Over time, we hope to be able to deliver this knowledge to customers who may not already have it, but at present the best information regarding which algorithms to use can be found in the help files that install with the toolkit.  They describe each algorithm in detail and when best to use it.

For basic pump monitoring, I would recommend you look at the example title "Tutorial."  It steps you through basic data acquisition, selects which features of your data acquisition are the most important to monitor, trains a model with healthy and faulty data, and then compares current operating data to the model to give you a confidence value of the current condition of your pump.

Additionally, here are a couple of references that provide an overview of prognostics algorithms:

https://www.phmsociety.org/sites/phmsociety.org/files/Tutorial%20Prognostics%20Clements.pdf

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Past-NIWeek-Sessions/A-Systematic-Approach-to-Wind-Turbine-Prognostics-Heal...

Doug Farrell
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 65
(17,494 Views)

Any idea when this will be ready for deployment and licensing costs? (approx)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 65
(17,483 Views)

Jay,

I think we should have a licensed version for deployment sometime late spring 2012.  How many units are you looking at deploying?  Can you tell me a bit more about your application.  It definitely helps push through the R&D process when we have customers requesting it 😉

Doug Farrell
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 65
(17,468 Views)