Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Process Engine (MPE) Reference Library

Please post questions, feedback, and suggestions on the Multi-Process Engine (MPE) Reference Library in this thread.

This content has been deprecated and is no longer available.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(11,757 Views)
In the link,  the word "manor" should be spelled "manner".Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(11,749 Views)
No I meant manor like a house...wait.  No I didn't.  Good catch.  I'll fix that on the next iteration of the article.
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(11,743 Views)

Quite interested in using MPE but noticed it requires version 8.6 for both LV and LV RT.  We are currently on 8.5.1 for both and don't want to upgrade just yet (in the middle of flight testing a large chunk of code right now).

What is the reason(s) MPE will not work with lower than 8.6?  Would there be any reasonable workarounds to make it work with 8.5.1?  Our targets are PXI (flight hardware) and desktop (development) RT systems.

Thanks,

GWN

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(11,614 Views)

It is in 8.6, just because that is the current version I am working in.  The only thing that I think would be 8.6 specific is using the conditional terminal of the for loop to do searches, rather than a while loop (I believe that came in 8.6).  That and it is based on STM 1.0 instead of 2.0.  That's not really a problem, just look out for the "This VI was loaded from XXX instead of YYY" warning. 

Are you able to access 8.6 to downgrade the code, or are you asking me to do that? 

Brian K.
Message 5 of 14
(11,609 Views)

Brian K. wrote:

It is in 8.6, just because that is the current version I am working in.  The only thing that I think would be 8.6 specific is using the conditional terminal of the for loop to do searches, rather than a while loop (I believe that came in 8.6).  That and it is based on STM 1.0 instead of 2.0.  That's not really a problem, just look out for the "This VI was loaded from XXX instead of YYY" warning. 

Are you able to access 8.6 to downgrade the code, or are you asking me to do that? 

OK - thanks for your quick reply - much appreciated.

Not completely sure if we're talking about the same thing but I've used what I call For Loops with conditional terminals in 8.5 so that shouldn't be a problem.  As for STM, we're on 1.0.32 for now.

So, I'll just download the latest MPE library as it is right now (i.e. compiled for 8.6) and try to make it run on my 8.5 - should be able to make it work.

Thanks,

GWN

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(11,598 Views)
Great.  Tell me how t goes?
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(11,587 Views)

Brian K. wrote:
Great.  Tell me how t goes?

Well, I was too optimistic.  Forgot that I can't use LV 8.5 to open files saved with a higher version (8.6).  I guess that's what you meant by "downgrading"...

Anyway, if it's not too much trouble would you mind saving (with "Save for Previous Version", I guess) the MPE library for 8.5, and making it available on this site?

I don't have access to LV 8.6 yet.

Thanks,

GWN

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(11,568 Views)

Here is the 8.5 version of MPE.  Unzip it to your LV 8.5 user library.  It is hard for me to test, so just tell me what else might help you. 🙂

Message Edited by Brian K. on 03-11-2009 10:40 PM
Brian K.
Message 9 of 14
(11,565 Views)

Brian K. wrote:

Here is the 8.5 version of MPE.  Unzip it to your LV 8.5 user library.  It is hard for me to test, so just tell me what else might help you. 🙂

Message Edited by Brian K. on 03-11-2009 10:40 PM

Downloaded and was able to open all VIs with my 8.5 - thank you.

Will try to figure out how to use it all in the next few days, time permitting.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(11,552 Views)