Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCP Mapping of Signals to events

Hallo, 

I need to acquire multiple measurements from ECU and the ECU I am using has over 400k signals and has around 200 events. In CANape each group of signals is assigned to a certain event and when I choose a random event I don't get the right value of the signals or I get an error. Is there a way using the NI M&C toolkit to find which signals belong to which event? for people who worked with the toolkit before, where do you usually get the info about the Signals-Events-Mapping? 

My second question, does it make sense that I get an error when I choose a different event? I mean at the event just determines the frequency or the sample rate and if I choose a higher or lower frequency for acquisition shouldn't cause an error in my opinion.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(959 Views)

There are some keywords in the A2L file that are not parsed by the NI ECUMC toolkit. The example below explicitly defines a fixed event for this measurement. I believe that you will be able to see a similar definition in your A2L file. As a workaround, you can parse the A2L file as a text file and extract this information.

/begin MEASUREMENT
MeasurementName
""
SLONG
formula3
0 0.00 0.00 25.00
FORMAT "%7.2"
ECU_ADDRESS 0x00000008
/begin IF_DATA XCP
/begin DAQ_EVENT
FIXED_EVENT_LIST
EVENT 0x200a
/end DAQ_EVENT
/end IF_DATA
/end MEASUREMENT

Some ECU manufacturers will define fixed DAQ List and fixed events in their XCP program. I don't have the explanation on why they are doing this.

Senior Technical Support Engineer | CLD CTA | NI

DISCLAIMER: The attached Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at: http://ni.com/samplecodelicense

Message 2 of 3
(927 Views)

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate it. 

In my A2L I don't see that there is a fixed event defined for measurements but in the CANape configuration I see that each group of signals is assigned to a certain event. 

One more point, the example provided by the toolkit shows how to start a single measurement task. Do you maybe have a snippet on how to start more than one measurement task? or differently phrased: Do you know how to acquire more than one DAQ List pro measurement task? There's so limited info about the toolkit and I would appreciate any hints that could help me move forward.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(924 Views)