Additional NI Software Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h_yong

Subsequences of stimulus profiles should be able to access system definition channels directly

Say I have profileA which calls sequenceB which calls sequenceC. sequenceC needs to access UserChannelX defined in the system definition. Currently, the only way to do so, I believe, is to pass UserChannelX into sequenceC as a parameter which means it needs to be defined as a parameter in sequenceB as well, even if it's not used in sequenceB. This greatly increases the number of arguments of a sequence which may never be used but is necessary in order to give the lowest sequence access to system definition channels. It seems like we should make sytem definition channels directly available at any subsequence level (sort of like how global variables can be referenced anywhere). Thank you.

2 Comments
KB_GenMtrs

I had the same problem.  Comes with double the work, complication, and risk.  This suprised me.

cfurey

In short, allow me to declare which arguments are global and which ones are local to the call. Currently, the only way to pass global arguments into a sub-sequence is to pass the pointer directly. I am also required to pass all of the pointers or values even if they are referencing global channels at the lower level.