LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Connection to Ethernet IP I/O

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wires...
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 31
(5,919 Views)

siva,

I am using MICROLOGIX 1100, when I run the "EtherNet_IP_PCCC_Lib_EtherNet_IP PCCC Test VI.vi" it does not return error, but  it do not return what he has in the CLP.

Can you help me?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 31
(5,828 Views)
Before running the Test-VI. Do the following things on PLC Side.

1) Configure File-No 7 as Integer File (By Default, I would be Integer File)
2) Set the No of Registers in N7 as 256. Otherwise, (Starting Address + No Of Elements) < No Of Registers in N7-File.
3) In the Test VI Block Diagram., Update the IP address assigned to the PLC.
4) Make sure that the PLC and the PC are in the same Subnet.

Now run the VI.

I am able to do it with, (Micrologix-1200,1500+NET-ENI) as well as MicroLogix 1100

Can you please show me a screenshot of what you are getting..?

Best regards
Siva
sivamgr@gmail.com
Message 13 of 31
(5,808 Views)
I already do these things on the PLC.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 31
(5,799 Views)

In the Frontpanel, the VI is returning the requested 12 registers from the N7-Integer File. I beleive that the PLC would contain the same data.

Can you please give me a snapsnot of the content of registers shown by RS-Linx..?

Best regards
Siva
sivamgr@gmail.com
Message 15 of 31
(5,797 Views)
Cruz,
 Can you check by Setting the Offset as 101 and "No of Elements" as 3
Best regards
Siva
sivamgr@gmail.com
Message 16 of 31
(5,795 Views)
Why 101?
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 31
(5,789 Views)
I am not able to recreate that failure scenario here. I am afraid there might be some network problem. I've updated the test vi  and attached with this reply. Hope you would get error msgs while testing with this new vi.

I'd like to suggest a test at this point to fix it. Use the updated test-vi.
1) Put a probe over "Connection Cluster".
2) Each time you run the VI, ensure that the Session(4 Bytes) data in connection cluster keeps changing everytime you run the VI.
3) If it is not changing., then problem is in your network.. 

Please mail back your results to sivamgr@gmail.com.

Best regards
Siva
sivamgr@gmail.com
Message 18 of 31
(5,782 Views)

@cruz wrote:
Why 101?

The miracles of PLC process image adressing probably. Most PLCs and similar devices have their own way of mapping specific information to a certain address. While it is often not such a problem to develop (or reverse engineer) a protocol to communicate with a PLC, it can be a real taunting task to find out which address corresponds to which item in a PLC and PLC alike things.

As such a device talking Ethernet IP for instance does not have to be the same as another one talking the same protocol. But that also means that eventhough you use the same protocol, you can seldom plugin another product in place of an existing one, without making modifications to your adressing.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 31
(5,779 Views)
Can you save in LabVIEW8?
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 31
(5,775 Views)